Lakeland Language Academy accept students aged 11 to 17 years.
- Travel requirements
- EU passport – please ensure your EU passport is valid for the duration of your stay in Ireland.
- European Health Insurance Card - please bring this card with you when you travel. If you currently do not have this card please apply online by clicking on this link https://w6.seg-social.es/solTse/jsp/Entrada.jsp.
- Travel insurance – please ensure you have valid travel insurance to cover you in case you need emergency medical treatment abroad and bring the travel insurance documents with you when you travel.
For non-EU citizens, a valid passport, travel insurance AND a holiday VISA is required.
Please note that it is each student’s parents/guardians’ responsibility to ensure that the necessary travel documentation is in order.
- Travel arrangements & supervision
- We arrange for students to meet their leaders at the relevant airports. Once the students leave their parents/guardians at the airports, the leaders accompany the students on the journey to Lakeland Language Academy.
- The leaders regularly work with children and teenagers and are bilingual in case of any difficulties. They are also fully vetted from a child protection perspective. The leaders accompany the students throughout their stay in Ireland and on the return journey, back to their parents/guardians.
- Our bus transport partners are fully insured and operate in full compliance with Irish Health & Safety regulations.
- Stay at Lakeland Language Academy
- On students’ arrival at Lakeland Language Academy, parents/guardians will be emailed to confirm the students’ safe arrival.
- Throughout the students’ stay, parents/guardians can stay updated on the students’ activities on Lakeland Language Academy’s facebook page.
- In case of emergency, parents/guardians can contact Lisa Collins, Director of Lakeland Language Academy, on 00353 94 9546089 with any urgent queries.
- Please notify us in advance if students have any particular dietary requirements or medical issues that we need to be aware of.
- If any medical issues arise, students will be brought to a local doctor/hospital and parents/guardians will be informed immediately and kept up to date regularly.
- Our teachers are all native English speakers, are fully TEFL (Teach English as a foreign language) qualified and have many years of experience working with children and teenagers. They are also fully vetted from a child protection perspective.
- Terms & Conditions
- When the requisite number of students, required to allow a course to go ahead, complete the expression of interest form, Lakeland Language Academy will email the students and their parents/guardians with an admission form and an invoice for 25% of the course fee, which is payable by bank transfer on booking. It is imperative that students/parents ensure that they enter the unique code, provided by Lakeland Language Academy to each student, in the bank transfer reference so the payments can be identified correctly. A further 25% of the course fee is payable 90 days before arrival and the balance of 50% of the course fee is payable 30 days before arrival. All such payments are non-refundable. However, if the course does not go ahead due to insufficient student numbers a full refund will be made prior to flights being booked.
- When the requisite number of students, required to allow a course to go ahead, make the first 25% payment to Lakeland Language Academy by bank transfer, Lakeland Language Academy will email the students and their parents/guardians with a link and booking reference to book flights within 7 days. The flights are booked by the students and their parents via the travel agency directly and the payment for the flight is directly to the travel agent. Lakeland Language Academy has no involvement in this process. It is imperative that the flights are booked within 7 days of receipt of the email from Lakeland Language Academy to ensure the students travel on the flight with the Lakeland Language Academy leaders. The transfer cost from Dublin airport to Lakeland Language Academy is only in respect of students who travel on the flights indicated by Lakeland Language Academy. Any students travelling on other flights do so at their own risk without Lakeland Language Academy Supervisors and are obliged to cover the transfer costs themselves.
- By completing the admission form, students and parents/guardians consent to Lakeland Language Academy storing their personal data securely.
- A cooling off period of 7 days from completing the expression of interest applies.
- Details of the assembly point at the airport for departure and collection and the timings will be emailed to parents/guardians 2 weeks in advance of departure.
- Lakeland Language Academy reserve the right to return a student to their parents/guardians early at the parents/guardians’ cost due to misbehaviour.
- Lakeland Language Academy and its suppliers and agents are fully insured.